It may seem obvious, but there are many different types of equestrian travel and it can be a bit of a minefield for people trying to decide which is the right trip for them! So here we tell you a little bit more about what to expect on a Riding Expedition…
For the real explorers amongst you a Riding Expedition is the ultimate horseback journey, which admittedly may entail a few hardships, but rewards you with an exceptional adventure.
These once in a lifetime experiences take you places you never could imagine seeing. You will see unforgettable vistas, take part in life-altering experiences, meet inspirational people, learn about totally different cultures and see the world in a whole new light. Ride in places that are virtually unreachable other than on horseback, in countries such as Mongolia, Tibet, Peru and Jordan, and see life through the locals’ eyes.
These Riding Expeditions require a little more planning and preparation than other trips and you must be fit and competent riding across sometimes challenging terrain. An open mind is a must and on many expeditions you will spend successive nights sleeping in two-man tents or under the stars with limited washing facilities and very few luxuries – however the feeling of fulfillment makes up for it! If you are an explorer at heart then a Riding Expedition will give your life a totally new direction and satisfy the most inquisitive of minds.
Book a riding expedition if…
• You want to escape from technology and the hustle of normal life
• You are an experienced rider looking for an adrenalin rush
• You love culture and want to experience life as the locals do
• You want to go back to basics and stay in simple accommodation with no, or very few, mod-cons
• You enjoy a challenge – both physically and mentally
• You want to go on a ‘once in a lifetime’ trip and visit places many people haven’t, and won’t, be able to see
• You want to test your fitness and stamina
• You wish to ride local horses in their native environment
Are you now up for the challenge? Check out the riding expeditions available at www.inthesaddle.com